Located on and adjacent to the Bruce Trail, north of Mono 5 Side Road and east of Airport Rd, our 14 km of single track ski trails are suitable for INTERMEDIATE AND BETTER skiers, CLASSIC STYLE ONLY. Our trails are not wide enough to permit skate skiing. Trails will be groomed when snow conditions permit. Current snow and skiing conditions will be reported here on a regular basis. As part of the Bruce Trail network, trails are open to the public at no charge.
Friday, 8 December 2017
Waiting Impatiently
We have just a light dusting of snow on the ground. Flurries are forecast over the next 2 days, but it doesn't look like there will be any significant accumulation until Monday, when 5 to 10 cm is predicted. When we have skiing, I will let you know.
Thursday, 7 December 2017
Snow is on the way?
We now have the cooler temperatures we need, and the ground surface is frozen. We had some light flurries yesterday, but no accumulation. There are lots of flurries in the forecast, and the possibility of a general snowfall Saturday. Keep your fingers crossed!
Saturday, 2 December 2017
Warm and Dry
Still no skiing, as temperatures continue above freezing. Colder weather and some snow should be moving in around the middle of the coming week. Maybe next weekend we'll be able to ski.
Sunday, 26 November 2017
No News is Bad News
Our temperatures continue to be on a roller coaster, above and below freezing. In the past week we had a couple of days around +7. This morning, it's -3 and there is a very light dusting of snow on the ground, but not nearly enough to ski on. The forecast for the coming week looks quite warm, with one day predicted to reach +11. I don't think we'll be skiing anytime soon.
Sunday, 19 November 2017
No skiing yet.
Yesterday's rain changed to snow overnight. This morning, we have 1 to 2 cm of snow on the ground - not enough to ski on.
I'm heading over to Monora Park this morning, for the Mono Nordic Ski Club open house and registration day.
I'm heading over to Monora Park this morning, for the Mono Nordic Ski Club open house and registration day.
Saturday, 11 November 2017
A little snow, but not enough
Friday, 10 November 2017
Winter Arrives
We have some snow on the ground this morning. It is not sufficient to ski on, but we are heading in the right direction. The forecast calls for snow squalls today; if these should happen to cross our area, we could receive larger amounts of snow.
I will not groom until there is sufficient depth. Look for updates later today and tomorrow.
I will not groom until there is sufficient depth. Look for updates later today and tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Posts (Atom)
