Wednesday 18 March 2015

Wed. March 18

I've been away for a few days, travelling in northern Ontario. On Sunday, I skied at Stokely Creek Lodge near Sault Ste. Marie, where there is still plenty of snow. In fact, there had been a fresh snowfall of about 7 cm on Saturday, making for very scenic skiing through a winter wonderland.
Meanwhile, back here in the Orangeville area, the snow cover has been reduced dramatically. I had a very quick look at the trails last night, and we definitely have some major bare spots. Right now I would NOT recommend skiing.
It is possible that we may still receive another significant snowfall, which would bring back reasonable ski conditions, but I don't see anything big in the forecast for the next week. Without significant new snow, skiing will essentially be finished for this year.
On the trail at Stokely Creek Lodge, March 15, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment