Wednesday 30 December 2015

Wed. Dec. 30, 5 p.m. report

After a day in the "big smoke" I'm back at Hockleycrest and checking conditions on the trails here. I see some people have been skiing on some of the trails. Excellent! I hope they enjoyed it; conditions have not been ideal.
We still have fairly good snow coverage of about 8 cm but at the moment it is very wet. The temperature is just now dropping into the freezing zone, and we've been having some light flurries. Overnight the wet slushy snow should firm up and become porous crust. In the morning I may try running a roller and comb over it to see if I can produce a packed, relatively flat surface.
Over the next few days we are expecting below freezing temperatures and flurries, so with any luck things should be improving.

No comments:

Post a Comment