Tuesday 9 February 2016

Go North

As noted in my previous post, I am skiing at Stokely Creek Lodge in northern Ontario - about 45 minutes drive north of Sault Ste. Marie. There is plenty of snow here, although conditions were a bit tricky yesterday with the temperature at +3. Due to the warm temps and wet snow, they were not able to groom much yesterday. It is colder this morning and there was about 2 cm of new snow overnight so grooming is underway. The big grooming machine just went by the window of the dining room as I sit having my morning coffee and writing this.
So, if you want to ski XC, the answer is Go North! (I've also been reading pretty good reports from Gatineau Park just outside Ottawa).
Below are a couple of photos I took today while skiing at Stokely Creek.
It seems they don't like yellow snow here, so they have provided a number of small buildings to take the pressure off.
 

Perfect grooming on perfect snow; temperature -5

No comments:

Post a Comment