Sunday 27 March 2016

March 27, 2016

Well, I didn't think we would have any more skiing, but somebody (obviously a ski fanatic who likes a challenge) has been on the trails late yesterday or early today. I saw their tracks on a good portion of the network. I'm going to go way out on a limb here and guess that it may have been Michael. We had something white on the ground yesterday, though I wouldn't really call it snow. It was mostly ice, the result of Thursday's freezing rain storm. Now, much of it is gone, as we have bright sunshine and a temperature of +13. I've been out all yesterday afternoon and all this morning with the chain saw, clearing fallen trees and branches from the trails. It's a real mess. The hydro has been off since Thursday night and is not restored yet.
Let's hope that next winter has lots of nice white fluffy snow. We don't need this stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment