Sunday 26 February 2023

Still Nice

 A lot of people were out enjoying the trails yesterday. In the strong sunshine of the afternoon, we began to have a little bit of melting on the snow surface, even though the air temperature was -5. However, the snow texture is still predominantly powdery as we begin today, so ski conditions are good.

According to the forecast, the temperature will reach 0 briefly around noon today, so the snow might become a bit heavy and sticky.

I will do a small amount of grooming this morning, to tidy up a couple of areas at the north end.

Trail #3 yesterday

10 a.m. Update: I've done some grooming at the north end, and I tried something new. I packed a new trail across the north field, from the SW corner where it's high, to the NE corner where it's much lower. If you're in that area, give it a try; I think it may be a nice downhill run.
On the way home, I re-packed the Pasture trail (#9) to repair some of the many places where people have crashed.

No comments:

Post a Comment