Saturday 13 January 2024

Disappointed Again

 The predicted 20cm snowfall did not happen. Instead, be received about 10cm of snow, mixed with rain. The result this morning is that we have good coverage, but the snow is very wet and heavy. It will be hard work skiing on this stuff. Glide is poor at the moment, with the temperature sitting at +1.

I cannot groom this snow until the temperature drops below freezing. It looks like that will be later this morning, or early afternoon. I will provide an update when I have something new to report.

NOON UPDATE: I have groomed most trails with the roller/comb. I spoke to one skier who said it was not bad. I have not packed 3 short trails in the central section: Ash Grove, Stone Hedge, and Black Cherry. I will do those after a lunch break, and will try some track-setting. The temperature has dropped to -3. Trail #1 crossing the creek between #1a and the north junction of #3 remains thin, and wet. There is a slushy spot right beside the bridge; this will freeze and become ice as the temperature drops lower.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Dave! Let's hope things improve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanx for the info Dave. I may go tomorrow, no sure ...May wait. So glad your at it for another year. :^)
    Dan from ontarioskitrails.com

    ReplyDelete