Sunday 31 December 2017

December 31, 2017

I don't need to tell you that it's cold outside this morning. I've just come in from my first ski of the day; it's -25C. Luckily there is very little wind. Snow at these temperatures does not provide very good glide; it will be slow today.
Otherwise, trails are in pretty good shape. We unfortunately had a big group of hikers come through yesterday, and they did not obey the simple rules of trail etiquette, i.e. stay on the hiking trail, and when sharing with skiers, walk along the edge. This was in spite of the fact that I met them on the trail and explained the rules to them. Consequently, you will find significant portions of the Mainline trail pock-marked by about 20 sets of footprints.
I'm having some mechanical problems with the ATV that pulls my groomer, so I will not be grooming today.

No comments:

Post a Comment