Monday 1 January 2018

Happy New Year!

I've just come in from my morning ski with the dog; it's a little warmer out there this morning, with a reading of -17! There is some light snow falling at the moment. We could certainly use a bit of new snow, as the surface of the trails has become quite firm over the past week, with consistent cold temperatures and no new powder on top.
I would rate conditions today at fair to good, with the best skiing on the north end trails, because they get the least use.
I went out and did a little grooming on West Side Story, Tornado Alley, and Around the Pines, but I didn't get far before my ATV broke down. I had to leave the roller/comb next to the trail. The ATV will go into the repair shop tomorrow, so there will not be any grooming for at least the next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment