Thursday 20 February 2020

February 20

Today is day 60 of skiing this season.
Conditions are fair again today on our trails. We have loose granular snow on top of a firmly packed base.(In other words, its rather icy).
While grooming yesterday, I noticed that a number of people had been walking on the ski trails, throughout the network. This does not help me to maintain good, safe conditions for skiers. I realize I am probably preaching to the wrong audience, but I will issue a reminder anyway: THE TRAILS IN THIS NETWORK ARE PREDOMINANTLY FOR SKIING ONLY. The main Bruce Trail (blazed with white rectangular markers), the Bruce Trail side trails (marked with blue rectangular blazes) and Peter's Path snowshoe trail are the only trails on which walking is permitted. So, if you are one of the people who has been walking on ski trails, please stop, and limit yourself to the walking trails.
UPDATE: We had a persistent snow flurry from 7:30 until 9:30 this morning, bringing us about 2 cm of new snow. I've been out and reset the tracks on several of the flatter trails in the central area, and these are now skiing very nicely. Consequently, I'm going to upgrade my assessment of the ski conditions. I'd now say they are Fair To Good; on a scale of 1 to 10, I would say about 6.



No comments:

Post a Comment