Monday 11 January 2021

January 11 - same old thing

 Day 24 of skiing this season.

Our weather pattern continues the same, and so do our snow conditions. Yesterday was another day on which the temperature reached near 0, and this morning it's -5. Environment Canada says it will not reach 0 today; time will tell.

Trails still have adequate snow cover, although they are hard-packed and a bit icy in places. The grooming I did yesterday with the new track-setter was, I think, a success. I will touch up some of the busier trails, plus a bit more, this morning.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. By all means, people are welcome to go other places to ski. Mono Cliffs can be very nice. When I go there, I prefer to go back-country in the eastern part of the park, where there are no trails.
      Different skiers have different preferences. On my trails, I try to maintain them in a manner that will be safe and comfortable for the majority of skiers. From the feedback that I get, I think most people are happy with what I'm doing. Those who prefer a more wilderness or back-country experience are welcome to go to other locations. Kolapore Uplands in the Beaver Valley is a good place to try this kind of skiing.

      Delete
  2. Agreed. Kolapore is nice. Long drive tho. I was skiing east side mono this week. Really nice. Unfortunately atv has ruined east- west bt trail in mono cliffs park proper changing direction at dufferin county forest.. I have emailed bt about putting in posts at trail entrance...near/ just north of, the tdsb driveway...no response. Shame.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agreed. Kolapore is nice. Long drive tho. I was skiing east side mono this week. Really nice. Unfortunately atv has ruined east- west bt trail in mono cliffs park proper changing direction at dufferin county forest.. I have emailed bt about putting in posts at trail entrance...near/ just north of, the tdsb driveway...no response. Shame.

    ReplyDelete