Thursday 25 February 2021

February 25 - No skiing today

 This is the first day that's not skiable in about 6 weeks.

I've been out on skis this morning, and trails are very, very icy. Trying to ski any kind of hill under these conditions would be very dangerous, so I am closing the trails for today.

I will go out with the Piranha and try to scarify the surface and create some soft powder there, but I cannot guarantee the result will be skiable. There is a chance of some flurries later today; even a couple of cm of new snow would make a huge difference.

I will post an update here after I've groomed.

10:30 a.m. Update: I've been over the southern and central trails with the Piranha, making 2 passes on most sections and even 3 passes on a few. In my opinion, the trails are still not skiable. I've put up a Trails Closed sign at the entrance on 5 Sideroad. Please do not come skiing today.

It's a nice day to go for a walk (but NOT on the ski trails please!)

No comments:

Post a Comment