Sunday 3 January 2016

Feast and Famine

While we generally do not have as much snow as we would like, there are spots where we have too much. One such is at the east end of the soybean field, where the Mainline Trail crosses between the 2 junctions of trail #12. The wind blowing across the field picks up all the loose snow and dumps it in drifts across the trail. I went there this morning with a shovel and levelled it out. Later this afternoon, I took the groomer over it to make it even better.
I also used my shovel to fill in the bare spots on #1 between #1a and #3, using snow from the bush along the edge of the trail. After running the roller/comb over it, I can say it is much better than yesterday. I also rolled and combed the south skating loop a couple of times, so it is quite good.

If you would like to come and skate ski, please email me at salydave@sympatico.ca and I will tell you where to park so you can easily access the skating trail.

No comments:

Post a Comment