Monday 25 January 2016

Monday Jan 25 - Thank you

Somebody left some money in my voluntary donation box beside the parking lot on 5 Sideroad recently. THANK-YOU! Each time I do a complete grooming of the network, I use about 15 litres of fuel. The support of trail users is very helpful and much appreciated.
We are in for a challenging couple of days, today and tomorrow. Temperatures are predicted to rise to 0 today, and to +4 tomorrow, with possible rain or snow. So, this could be good news or bad news. We will have to wait and see just how warm it gets, and what kind of precip we receive in order to assess the effect on trail conditions.
I suggest we stay off the trails today and tomorrow to minimize damage.

4 comments:

  1. You're welcome. :) We are Bruce Trail members but only learned about your amazing ski trails last week when someone linked to this blog on Facebook. We couldn't wait to get out and try the trail network - wow!!! What an amazing place just 15 minutes from our home! I was literally jumping in joy like a little kid. (Then I fell.) Now we just need some snow so we can come back and take advantage of the trails again. Thanks so much for all your hard work. I've passed the word along to some local ski coaches and they're looking forward to exploring the trails too.

    Maybe you could add to your sign, e.g. "Suggested trail fee: $10 per adult or donate what you can".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comments and compliments. I only wish we had more snow. I do not want to have a suggested trail fee, for 2 reasons. First, like all other parts of the Bruce Trail, users are allowed free access. Second, if there is a "fee" my liability immediately increases. If no fee is charged, then users are responsible for their own safety. As soon as I start to charge a fee, I become responsible. I do my best to ensure trail conditions are safe, but I can't guarantee it.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, that makes perfect sense. I'm a longtime board member of Orienteering Ontario so I've had lots of involvement with landowners, waivers and liability concerns. Thanks again for your generosity, which I know goes far beyond this ski trail network. We'll keep doing our snow dance! (And driving up to Highlands for now.)

    ReplyDelete