Wednesday 21 December 2016

A little clean-up

I've spent the day doing some tidying up on the trails. The tree that was fallen across the Mainline trail near the north end was cleared this morning. I also did some light grooming with the rubber snow comb on some drifted areas. After lunch, I used the roller and comb to tidy up heavily drifted areas including the north skate loop. Unfortunately there is not much I can do to get rid of the millions of needles and leaves that have blown into the groomed tracks. I don't have a giant vacuum! We are expecting a bit of new snow tonight. That should help.
This was the tree that fell across Mainline near the north end; a dead ash, about 20cm diameter

An example of beautifully groomed ski tracks, filled with tiny goldenrod leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment