Thursday 29 December 2016

Some snow - but is it enough?

Flurries yesterday resulted in about 1 cm of new snow over our old icy crust. With not much happening on the trails, I took advantage of the lull to install a new roller on my groomer. The plastic drum I've been using for the past 4 years had developed a large crack. My earlier attempt to repair the drum by applying a galvanized steel patch was not very successful, as the steel soon began to show cracks as well. So, I now have a brand new 45 gallon plastic drum installed - slightly bigger and thicker than the old one.
We're getting some snow this morning, but the forecast predicts it will only amount to a few centimetres. After the general snowfall, there is the possibility of squalls that might bring more snow, but those are a hit-and-miss proposition.
I will let you know when we have enough new snow to resume skiing again.

1 comment: