Friday 21 January 2022

Jan. 21 - Another cool morning

 As I had my early-morning ski around the trails with my dog, it was -21, which is a bit cool. But it's supposed to warm up to -10 under a sunny sky, so it will be a good ski day.

Trail conditions are good, with a firm, packed-powder surface. Yesterday's grooming is still looking pretty good, except for a few places where walkers' footprints have spoiled the surface. I will go out on the groomer later and see if I can restore the track-setting on the central trails.

UPDATE: track-setting on the firmly packed trails was partly successful. The photo shows one of the better spots, on the Stone Hedge trail.


On the negative side, I bumped a gate post with my ATV and did some damage to the ATV. It will need to be repaired before I do any more grooming.

1 comment: