Monday 24 January 2022

Jan. 24 - Hoping for a little more snow

 The trails saw a fair amount of traffic over the weekend, and are therefore looking a little bit beaten up. Some trail surfaces are getting quite hard packed, and the track-setting is obliterated in some spots. I was considering doing some grooming to renovate trail surfaces, but I see there is some snow expected this afternoon, so I may wait until after that is done.

This does not look like a major snowfall - probably around 2 to 4 cm - but it would give me something to work with in refreshing the trail surfaces.

Skiing is fair to good today. On a scale of 1 to 10, I would give it a 6.

MID-AFTERNOON UPDATE: I've been out grooming with the Piranha, scarifying/softening the base while new snow comes down. We've been having a pretty persistent snow flurry since this morning and it's starting to accumulate. New snow can only make things better!

No comments:

Post a Comment