Friday 7 January 2022

Jan. 7 - A little more snow

 Yesterday's flurries were nearly continuous through the entire day, resulting in  2 or 3 cm more snow on our trails. The result is somewhat improved conditions for skiing. According to the measuring stick in my yard, we now have about 8 cm of snow on the ground.

I will groom this morning, extending the amount of packed trail, and touching up what I did yesterday. Snow cover is still thin, and extreme caution is required on the bigger hills.

It's cool today; present temperature is -14, with a forecast high of -9.

11 a.m. Update: I've groomed almost the entire network this morning, and even set a very shallow track on some of the central trails. Conditions are now what I would call "fair"; on a scale of 1 to 10, they would rate a 3.

Trail #12 crossing the South Field

Mainline trail toward the north end


No comments:

Post a Comment