Saturday 26 December 2020

December 26 - Boxing Day Bonus

 Day 11 of skiing this season.

We received more snow yesterday afternoon and overnight. According to the measuring stick on my front lawn, we now have 20 cm of snow on the ground. This packs down to about 10 cm on the trails. Skiing is now good throughout the network.

I will not re-groom everything today, but I will touch up the northern trails, where some areas were getting drifted in yesterday afternoon. In addition, I may try some track-setting in the central section.

Noon Update: I groomed all the northern trails this morning, and set track on some of the flatter central trails. However, it has not stopped snowing, and there is some very active drifting going on out there, so some of the newly groomed trails are again covered by fresh powder. In particular, trail #12, #17, and the part of #1 between the ends of #12 are badly drifted in.




10 comments:

  1. Great, thanks Dave, will try my first ski today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks ... may head out today with my two boys ... appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! Would you recommend any of the trails for beginners? (I.e. flat😀) thank you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dave, we had so much fun today, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Trails 19, 21, 23 are good for beginners.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All the trails in the central area are good for beginners. #5, #6,south half of #3,#19, 21, 23, middle portion of #1. Unfortunately, you have to negotiate a couple of challenging sections in the south in order to get to them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, What a Excellent post. I really found this to much informatics. It is what i was searching for.I would like to suggest you that please keep sharing such type of info.Thanks boxing gloves

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have read all the comments and suggestions posted by the visitors for this article are very fine,We will wait for your next article so only.Thanks! 마징가티비

    ReplyDelete