Saturday 12 February 2022

Feb. 12 - Icy

 It snowed for the entire day yesterday, but with almost no accumulation. Much of the snow came while the temperature was above 0, and it melted on contact with the ground.

The temperature has now fallen to -4, and the result is icy conditions on the trails. I will go out with the Piranha later this morning and try to pulverize the icy crust, but it will not produce packed powder conditions. Skiing will be tricky today.

UPDATE: I've been over the entire network with the Piranha (some sections more than once). The one skier that I met while grooming told me that this had been beneficial; the groomed sections were easier to ski on, with better control, than those that hadn't been done yet. So this is the best I can do with the equipment I have. Skiing is fair.

Temperature is dropping (as predicted); it's now -10.

No comments:

Post a Comment