Monday 28 February 2022

Feb. 28 - skiing still OK

 We received 2 or 3 cm of new snow in flurries yesterday, but also experienced a lot of drifting from strong north winds. As a result, the snow is not evenly distributed; in some spots it's deep, while in other places it's thin.

Overall, conditions are between Fair and Good. I will do some touch-up grooming later today, to see if I can improve the surface condition.

It's cold right now (-18), but should warm up to -5 with sunshine later on.

MIDDAY UPDATE: I have tried some grooming with the light snow comb (I don't want to compact the snow further by taking the roller over it), and I set some shallow tracks on trails in the central section. I think this made a slight improvement, but not enough to warrant going over the entire network again.

No comments:

Post a Comment