Sunday 6 February 2022

Feb. 6 - Very good skiing

 Those of you who read my last post know that I was away for a few days, so no grooming was done since Wednesday's snowfall. I arrived back late yesterday afternoon, and started immediately to groom the 15 cm of powder on the trails. All the central area was rolled and combed. I will be grooming again this morning, starting with the southern section, and then moving to the north.

With a forecast high of -4 today, skiing will be very good. However, it is a bit windy, so it will feel colder than it is.

The photo below was NOT taken on our Hockleycrest trails, but rather at Stokely Creek Lodge in Algoma, where I had a brief vacation. If you ever want to take a XC ski holiday, that is the place to do it.


MIDDAY UPDATE: southern and northern trails have all been packed, and a shallow track was set in the central section. Trails that are shared with walkers are a little bit lumpy and bumpy because so many walkers got on them before I could groom; otherwise the skiing is very good.

1 comment: