Wednesday 15 January 2020

January 15 - more of the same

Not much has changed on our trails since yesterday. I guess I have to count yesterday as a "skiable" day, since I saw one skier on the trails, and she said it wasn't too bad. So that means yesterday was Day 25 of skiing this season, and today is Day 26.
It got a bit mild yesterday afternoon and overnight, so the snow got a bit moist. Ice is beginning to fall off the trees and shower the ground with little nuggets. It's possible to ski on this, but it's not the soft powder that you might like to have. There are newly fallen branches on some of the trails I've already cleared; I will be out later to remove these. Trail #5 has some wet areas; best to avoid it until we get more snow.
On that subject, the forecast says we will get 5 cm of snow  tonight, and a more significant snowfall on Saturday. Let's hope it proves to be correct.

No comments:

Post a Comment