Thursday 23 January 2020

January 23 - things may be changing

Today is Day 34 of skiing.
Ski conditions remain very good here this morning. However, the weather forecast is not favourable for skiing over the next few days, as temperatures are predicted to rise above freezing starting today. Environment Canada shows highs of +2, with the possibility of rain Friday night, and wet snow Saturday. The Weather Network is a little more palatable (from a skiing perspective), as they show highs of 0, no rain, and 5 to 10 cm of snow Saturday. Both are indicating a slight drop in temperatures starting Sunday. All we can do is wait and see what happens.
This morning, I will be freshening up some of the grooming in the south end. One area near the sugar shack on the Tai Chi property got a bit messed up by their tractor, so I'll be trying to remedy that.
If you plan on skiing today, I suggest you come as early as possible, to get here before the temperature reaches 0. It's currently -4.
Mid-morning Update: I've cleaned up the grooming on a number of the southern trails, pruned a few low-hanging trees, and reset tracks in several areas. I also have a confession to make: I've been saying that all trails were groomed, but in fact one trail #8 Get Down was not done. Now it is. I also pruned a couple of low-hanging branches on that one. Conditions are very good right now, but I can't guarantee the future.

1 comment:

  1. skied about 10k this morning. It was beautiful! Thanks so much for the great grooming

    ReplyDelete